Monday, April 07, 2008

weekends come and go.


When I was younger I was a huge fan of the Anne of Green Gables series (there, it's out!). One of my favorite Anneisms was "I am drowning in the depths of despair." I've used that wonderful, overly dramatic phrase a number of times in the past decade, and each time it has been anything but an accurate description of my life. But it occurred to me this morning that right now, I may in fact be drowning in the depths of despair. No drama, no over-exaggeration involved. I just spent an entire weekend doing... nothing. I mean, in all fairness to myself, I did do laundry and some major anxiety cleaning, which can both be considered fairly productive actions. I also went to downtown Main Street with some people on Friday night and ended up finding an apartment to sublet this summer. But I did not work on my thesis nor did I do any homework. Drowning, people, drowning.

We leave for NFA in a little over a week (GO PANTS!). After I get back, there are only a little over two weeks left of school. Point being, everything is happening too fast for me to be philandering with cleaning supplies on a Sunday afternoon.

-buelsy (needs to kick it into high gear)

No comments: