Saturday, May 31, 2008

an exercise in running away.


So, I think I've reached a low point. Today as I was driving past Panera I decided to fill up my car with gas and drive to California. Because I am not above second guessing rash ideas and am particularly fond of iced green tea, I decided to go to Panera first. While at Panera, Google informed me that it would take 1 day and 2 hours to get away from here. In the RAV, this would equal about 339 dollars worth of gas. 339 dollars and 26 hours of driving would be totally worth it. It's tempting. I could hide in Simi Valley for a few days, or weeks, or months. Maybe even forever.

But contrary to popular belief, I am more mature than that. I am not going to run away again. I am going to stay here and compulsively chew gum, and listen to this and also this. And then I'll keep writing about things that frustrate me. Then I'm going to go night swimming and everything will be okay.

-buelsy (don't wanna get with the program)

3 comments:

frescasaurus said...

take a train! cheaper, more relaxing, you get to meet people and read (be productive) on the train, still get to the same place. :D

Anonymous said...

i do miss that feeling of being able to imagine a quick escape via automobile. if you find yourself in madrid, come give me a lift. hope things mellow out

besos

adamweightman said...

yeah and then I would have no way to get to wal-mart and stare at the flashlights.