Wednesday, June 04, 2008

word on the street.


Thanks to those who commented or called to make sure I was not in fact losing my mind at the time of my last post. I am pleased to say that I am no longer quite as keen on the idea of giving up and hightailing it to Simi, CA. I think I'll stay here and finish my thesis and then throw myself a crazy-ass party instead.

NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH:
I was taking the trash out last night and as I was walking back into the building I noticed that one of my neighbors* down the hall** had his porch*** door open. The guy has a gigantic fish tank that takes up nearly all of one wall. He was putting the tank's cover back on after assumedly feeding the tank inhabitants or fiddling around with the inner-workings. As his hands left the top of the tank one trailed down and remained on the side for a moment. If it's possible to fondle the side of a fish tank, that is exactly what he did. I felt fairly sure that the fish appreciated it. After all, fish need love too.

*I recently moved and never posted about it. Messy Manor is no longer, both literally and figuratively.
The new apartment (which some have determined to call The Villa) is extremely tidy.Given the fact that I currently have no job, no school, and a thesis to avoid, I've become bizarrely adept at domestic tasks. Starting over helped too, because let's face it: sometimes apartments just get so messy that you have to move.

**I maintain that I was not spying. Fact of life: If you leave your porch door open people are going to look at your fish tank.

***Porch is a funny word. Say it five times out loud. Funny, right?

ANOTHER NOTE ON DOMESTICITY:
I'm making fish fillets with eda-mommy and double baked sweet potatoes for dinner. I bet you wish YOU were invited.

--buelsy (aquarium-friendly)

1 comment:

adamweightman said...

...akem*

Tooty fruity on Rudy! I didn't know you were about to take off.