Monday, June 09, 2008

there's always memory lane.


I took my old iPod to the gym with me tonight. This is the iPod I bought right before I moved to UCLA and engraved with the words, "have a little faith, there's magic in the night." And let me tell you, that iPod has taken me to some magical places. I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of it.

While I was foraging the cross ramp, I found an old playlist titled "Power Up." It reeks of KROQ and the summer of 2005, but in a good way. It's nostalgic, but not the type that makes you feel droopy for the rest of the day. It's intense, but not like Fergie (when I listen to Fergie at the gym I feel so intense that I want to punch things... and people). It's going to be my playlist for the rest of this week. Maybe it should be yours too:

1. "Sugar We're Going Down" -- Fall Out Boy
2. "Move Along" -- The All-American Rejects
3. "Banquet" -- Bloq Party
4. "Helena" -- My Chemical Romance
5. "A Favor House Atlantic" -- Coheed and Cambria
6. "Holiday From Real" -- Jack's Mannequin
7. "Futures" -- Jimmy Eats World

Seven is the magic number.

--buelsy (toughin' it out)


2 comments:

emma rose said...

how scene kid of you :)

adamweightman said...

what happen to the ray-gay tone?