Thursday, June 19, 2008

evil is alive and well.


The title of this post may appear to be a bit melodramatic, but I promise you it is not for two reasons: (1) it's in reference to a song on the new Jakob Dylan album which is not remotely melodramatic but instead very fantastic, and (2) my thesis may be evil but I have doubts as to the "alive" and "well" parts.

I stayed up all night the day before my parents came to visit for graduation in May. I was working on my last class final. I was extremely productive, partially cause I was hopped up on Diet Rockstar and partially because I thought that was the last all-my graduate career. Sadly, I was wrong. I'm turning in the first full draft of the thesis tomorrow and I still have a crap load to do. So it's the library for me... at least until they kick me out when they close at the absurdly early hour of eight p.m. (Although I've considered pulling a Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. If you have not read this book you must.)

And then I'm going to take a half hour dinner break in which I eat and watch the new Weeds episode (I tried to watch it last night but conked out like an oldie--but a goodie!). And THEN, i'm going to drink Diet Rockstar, drink of champions, and finish this MFer!

I'd like to say that today is IN FACT that last all-nighter, but optimism has clearly screwed me before.

--buelsy (pugilistic pessimist)


1 comment:

adamweightman said...

You didn't even drink that diet rock star. You left it in the car and I gave it to some kid selling candy at the Hyvee.