Saturday, October 20, 2007

weekend edition #1

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday Funday was alright—it could have been better. I ended up working on c-h’s paper until about six thirty a.m., and consequentially zonked out until mid-afternoon. Come to find out, the sleep schedule screw-up may have been in vain, because c-h didn’t even take the masterpiece on her debate trip (the whole point of finishing by eight a.m. Friday morning). It is still sitting untouched in her mailbox. In response to this situation, I kind of want to punch myself in the face. But moving on.

Several good things did happen during FF: (1) Target shopping, (2) J won his first football game, (3) Package from Bare Escentuals was finally* retrieved, and (4) A made a dinner that was not Thai, but still fab.

*Read post about the horrors of the U.S. package delivery system and weep.

A LINE FROM A SURVEY I TOOK IN 2005

"6. macs: if i could dedicate my body to the study of macs, i would."

I still feel that way.

CONCLUSIONS

  • I like reading NY Times retractions. Nothing like the mistakes of the mighty.
  • The Con by Tegan and Sara is brilliant. Best songs: The Con, Nineteen, Dark Come Soon, and Call It Off.
  • Bare Escentuals: totally worth the over-pricing.
  • I am addicted to Ambesol. This is because during stressful (all) times I chew my mouth to shreds. Neither of these conclusions can be good.
  • My parents have broken into the world of text messaging.
  • 43things.com is nice, but needs better aesthetics.
  • I cannot get through another day of my life without purchasing the MLA Style Manual and Guide for Scholarly Publishing. This is sad because it costs $23.75, which is exactly $1.25 short of qualifying for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
  • I need warmer socks.
  • Fall in the Midwest: beautiful.
  • Thai food tonight at Messy Manor.
--buelsy (against cold ankles)

No comments: