Tuesday, December 16, 2008

once around the track.


For me, blogging is a little bit like exercising. I love both activities. I see them for their one million benefits. But i've also been known to quit. I think the reason that I systematically quit exercising and blogging for three month spurts is because they are hard. Exercise requires physical discipline. Blogging requires mental and emotional discipline. The best blogs provide beautiful prose, outrageous humor, endearing moments and evidence that the blogger is consciously evolving as a person. And let me tell you, honeys, evolving as a person is hard.

Traditionally I'm the sort of person who has a love/hate relationship with things that are difficult. I avoid these activities for a while, generally choosing to watch t.v. or read vampire novels instead. But then eventually, I like to go for it. Point is: I'm going to start blogging again. I need it. And to keep up with this whole exercise/blogging analogy, I might try hitting the elliptical machine too.

MUNDANE NEWS YOU PROBABLY DON'T NEED TO KNOW:
-The semester is almost over.
-I walked through a snowstorm today. It was exhilarating.
-I need to grade approximately 160 papers by Friday.
-I'm going to California on Monday.
-Just read She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. It was wonderful & important.
-I like using this: & instead of this: and.
-I also like bedtime tea.
-And pie. The idea of pie is nice.

--buelsy
(goodnight)

No comments: